During summer camp, each week has a different theme that all the activities are formulated around. Every week includes activities that involve math, language arts, science, arts and crafts, and cooking. One week that is always a hit is Carnival Week; we put on a small carnival where the kids can earn tickets to ‘purchase’ different prizes. The rest of the week is planned with fun and interactive, educational activities that have carnival undertones. The cooking activity for this particular week was a little more involved than others, in terms of preparation and materials needed, but deviled egg go-carts are just as cute as can be, don’t you think?
Ingredients Needed: Materials Needed:
hard-boiled eggs bowl
mayonnaise plastic knife
mustard plastic spoon
sliced olives ziplock bag
salt and pepper
1) Cut the boiled egg in half (long ways)
2) Put the yolk into the bowl and break up into small pieces
3) Add a spoon full of mayonnaise, half a spoon full of mustard and mix until smooth
4) Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well
5) Put the mixture into the ziplock bag and cut the corner, then squeeze the mixture into the hole of the hard-boil egg
(Please note: This step is not necessary, you can simply spoon the mixture into the hole, but the bag technique gives the yolk mixture a clean and unique look)
6) Push one toothpick through the top part of the egg sideways, attaching the sliced olives to the toothpick; this creates the wheels.
7) Repeat step 7 at the bottom part of the egg to create more wheels
8) Sprinkle paprika on top and enjoy
Thanks for reading!
-The Creative Kitten
“My mistakes make me beautiful”