For those of you who don’t know me very well, I’m very particular… about everything. As a result, I plan out all of my enrichment activities very far in advance. However, in ordering ASSORTED pom poms, I found that I did not have enough of the colors and sized I needed for the previously planned out projects and had to improvise.
So I thought to make something for Austin, the love of my life. Which brought me this brilliant little guy: Mike Wazowski from the movie Monsters Inc. (One of our faaaavorite movies to watch).
(All of which can be found at your local Micheal’s… and Google)
1 2″ Green Pom Pom
2 1/4″ Dark Green Pom Poms
1 Green Pipe Cleaner (Cut into fourths)
1 LARGE googly eye
1 print out of Mike Wazowski’s smile (GOOGLE IT)
Please Note: Once you have glued two pieces, hold together for at least 30 seconds to ensure it doesn’t fall apart while your working on the rest of the project
1) Glue the 2 small dark green pom poms to the top of the large green pom pom to create Mike’s ears/horns. (After a closer look at Mike Wazowski, I noticed these might have been better grey, but it’s up to you)
2) Role one end of all four pipe cleaner pieces, this creates the hands and feet for Mike.
3) Glue on pipe cleaners, two on the side to create the arms and two on the bottom to create the legs.
4) Glue the LARGE googly eye on the front of Mike, closer to the top of his head.
5) Glue on Mike’s cut out smile below the LARGE googly eye. (Note: Using cardstock instead of regular paper makes it easier to work with and also helps to prevent the ink from bleeding due to glue)
6) Let dry and give to someone who will appreciate how terribly cute he is!!
Thanks for reading!
-The Creative Kitten
“My mistakes make me beautiful”